Caravan and Camp Site Facilities
Camping and Caravanning in Watlington, Oxfordshire
Toilets: 7 clean toilets with hand basin (we provide toilet paper, hand soap & hand towels). One toilet has a baby changing unit.
Showers: 3 showers with hot water (included in price)
Dishwashing: 3 sinks for dishwashing with hot water (we provide washing-up liquid, scourers & brushes)
Other communal facilities:
- Separate freezer for ice blocks (please see us)
- Microwave oven
- Shaver point
- Plug sockets for hairdryers etc.
- Chemical Disposal Point
- PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT HAVE ELECTRIC HOOK UPS ON SITE. We do provide a battery charging facility at a charge of 50p/£1 per item charged (caravan batteries, mobile phone, laptop, GPS etc.).
- We do not have WiFi, but this is available at the Library and local pubs.
Within reception we have the following for sale:
Free range eggs from our own hens (limited supply August/September due to being in moult)
Homemade marmalade, jams, cakes, greeting cards & gifts
Seasonal basket & bedding plants
Red Kite prints, postcards and keyrings
Range of One-Chem products for your caravan, motorhome or camper van
2nd-hand books and toys with proceeds to charity
Essentials: long life milk, matches, lighters, batteries, confectionery, canned & bottled drinks, ice creams & lollies, disposable BBQ's & charcoal.
Camping gaz and Calor Gas
We also keep a range of maps for local walks and leaflets of places to visit.
We have 6 fire baskets for hire. £2.50 per night. We also have nets of logs for sale £5 net 10 logs. It is adviseable to reserve a basket when you make your booking.
OFF SITE WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE (half mile)
The small town of Watlington boasts 3 pubs all serving food with 2 also serving breakfast. There is an excellent fish & chip shop, Indian restaurant/takeaway, coffee shop/deli, butchers, library, gift shops and small Co-op supermarket to name just a few. We have a small market three days a week selling local fruit & veg and one morning a week selling fresh fish.
NEARBY EVENTS 2019:
5th & 6th May - Thame Country Show
- 5th May - Abingdon Air & Country Show
- 5th May - Antique & Vintage Car Boot Fair @ Stonor Park (approx 4 miles)
- 19th May - Supercar Sunday @ Stonor Park
- 2nd June - VW Owners Rally @ Stonor Park
- 15th & 16th June - Food Festival @ Stonor Park
- 21st-23rd June - Beacon Festival (1 mile)
- 29th & 30th June - Medieval Jousting - Stonor Park
- 10th-14th July - Henley Festival
- 13th & 14th July - Race to the Stones (we are 2.5 miles from the start - Field Farm, Lewknor)
- 25th - 29th July - Gifford's Circus @ Stonor Park
- 15th-18th August - Countryfile Live @ Blenheim Palace
- 23rd-26th August - Henley Country Craft Show @ Stonor Park
- 16th-18th August - Rewind Festival @ Henley
- 23rd-25th Reading Festival
- 23rd -26th August - Towersey Folk Festival @ Thame
- 1st September - Antique & Vintage Car Boot Fair @ Stonor Park
From 12 noon Thursday 23rd May to Sunday 2nd June (half term/Whitsun) in our Rally Field we have a Temporary Holiday Site run by Aylesbury Vale DA. All C&CC Members are welcome, no need to book. Price £9 pupn self contained, additional charge if facilities are required.
Other C&CC DA Rallies to which members are welcome: 2nd -6th May (AVDA), 2nd-6th August (Light Weight Campers), 22nd-26th August (AVDA), 3rd-6th October (AVDA)
Midsommer Murders, Poirot and The Vicar of Dibley have all been filmed in the locality, together with film 'Fury' with Brad Pitt.