Caravan and Camp Site Facilities
Camping and Caravanning in Watlington, Oxfordshire
Toilets: 7 clean toilets with hand basin (we provide toilet paper, hand soap & hand towels). One toilet has a baby changing unit.
Showers: 3 showers with hot water (included in price)
Dishwashing: 3 sinks for dishwashing with hot water (we provide washing-up liquid, scourers & brushes)
Other communal facilities:
- Separate freezer for ice blocks (please see us)
- Microwave oven
- Shaver point
- Plug sockets for hairdryers etc.
- Chemical Disposal Point
- PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT HAVE ELECTRIC HOOK UPS ON SITE. We do provide a battery charging facility at a charge of 50p/£1 per item charged (caravan batteries, mobile phone, laptop, GPS etc.).
- We do not have WiFi, but this is available at the Library and local pubs.
Within reception we have the following for sale:
Free range eggs from our own hens (limited supply August/September due to being in moult)
Homemade marmalade, jams, cakes, greeting cards & gifts
Seasonal basket & bedding plants
Red Kite prints, postcards and keyrings
Range of One-Chem products for your caravan, motorhome or camper van
2nd-hand books and toys with proceeds to charity
Essentials: long life milk, matches, lighters, batteries, confectionery, canned & bottled drinks, ice creams & lollies, disposable BBQ's & charcoal.
Camping gaz and Calor Gas
We also keep a range of maps for local walks and leaflets of places to visit.
NEW : we now have 4 fire baskets for hire. £10 deposit, £2.50 per night. We also have nets of logs for sale £4.50 net 10 logs. It is adviseable to reserve a basket when you make your booking.
OFF SITE WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE (half mile)
The small town of Watlington boasts 3 pubs all serving food with 2 also serving breakfast. There is an excellent fish & chip shop, Indian restaurant/takeaway, coffee shop/deli, butchers, Post Office, library, gift shops and small Co-op supermarket to name just a few. We have a small market three days a week selling local fruit & veg and one morning a week selling fresh fish.
NEARBY EVENTS 2017:
16th-17th April - Thame Country Show
- 14th May - Abingdon Air & Country Show
- TBA - VW Owners Rally @ Stonor Park
- 5th-9th July - Henley Festival
- 15th-16th July - Race to the Stones (we are 2.5 miles from the start - Field Farm, Lewknor)
- 3rd-6th August - Countryfile Live @ Blenheim Palace
- 25th-28th August - Chilterns Craft Fair @ Stonor Park
- 18th-20th August - Rewind Festival @ Henley
- 25th-27th August - Reading Festival
- 25th-28th August - Towersey Folk Festival @ Thame
From 12 noon Thursday 25th May to Sunday 4th June (half term/Whitsun) in our Rally Field we have a Temporary Holiday Site run by Aylesbury Vale DA. All C&CC Members are welcome, no need to book. Price £8 pupn, additional charge if facilities are required.
Midsommer Murders, Poirot and The Vicar of Dibley have all been filmed in the locality, together with film 'Fury' with Brad Pitt.